Longest in the world
- Tyrihans is tied back to the Kristin A floating platform in the Norwegian Sea, about 200 km west of Sandnessjøen. The field is operated by Statoil.
- The world’s longest DEH-equipped pipeline, installed in 2007-2008.
Challenges of the project:
- The largest and longest pipeline with DEH ever, 18 inches/44 km, involved unique challenges in terms of cable design.
- Highest voltage for DEH ever, 52 kV.
- Stricter requirements for mechanical stress on the cable (trawling and pipe movements).
- New installation methodology in DEH context (S-lay).