Wolfgang Bedorf joins Nexans Executive Committee as Executive Vice President Rest of the World Area
Paris, January 17, 2008 – Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, has appointed Dr Wolfgang Bedorf as member of the Executive Committee of the Group and Executive Vice President, Rest of the World Area, with effect from February 1st, 2008, replacing Bruno Thomas who will retire. The area includes the Middle-East, Morocco, Turkey, South America, Africa, Russia and the former Soviet Socialist Republics. Dr Bedorf, who will be based in Nexans’ headquarters in Paris, is moving from his current position as Nexans country manager of Germany.
Dr Bedorf was born in Cologne, Germany, and graduated as a doctor of engineering from the Technical University of Aachen. He started his career in engineering management with AEG AG (later Daimler Benz AG) progressing to the position of Manager of the Electrical Machines and Transformers Division.
Dr Bedorf joined Alcatel Cable in 1995 as manager of the Energy Network Cable Business Group. When the company split-off from the Alcatel Group in 2000 to form Nexans, he became Chairman of the Management Board for Nexans in Germany and Country Manager. From 2000 to 2004, he was also manager of the Nexans Energy Networks Business Group. Since 2005, he has supervised both Nexans’ business in the Central Europe Area and the Harnesses Business Group.
Outside of Nexans, Dr Bedorf is a board member of the Association of the German Electro-Technics and Electronic Industry.
Nexans Executive Committee will be then composed of 9 members:
- Gérard Hauser - Chairman and CEO
- Frédéric Vincent - Chief Operating Officer
- Wolfgang Bedorf - Executive Vice President Rest of the World Area
- Véronique Guillot-Pelpel - Senior Corporate Vice President Human Resources and Communications
- Michel Lemaire - Executive Vice President Asia-Pacific Area
- Frédéric Michelland - Chief Financial Officer
- Pascal Portevin - Executive Vice President Strategic Operations
- Yvon Raak - Executive Vice President Europe Area
- Gordon Thursfield - Executive Vice-President North America Area