Harnessing the wind: The cable dimension - White paper
This report is intended to give a general overview of the global wind turbine market, and provide information about how Nexans is serving this diverse and growing market.
The paper opens with a review of recent economic, technological and global trends, and then focuses on several challenges facing OEMs, concluding with the expectations they have of cable suppliers. The second section presents Nexans’ overall solutions for wind power OEMs and explains Nexans’ service approach.
This report is followed by an Appendix containing a list of recent Nexans success stories,innovations and references.
I. INTRODUCTION: OPPORTUNITY IS STILL BLOWING IN THE WIND
- Recent economic trends and developments
- Technological trends
- A global scorecard
- New challenges and their impact on cables
- Global supply and turnkey capability
- Innovation and upscaling
- Meeting offshore opportunities
- Incentives and customer expectations
II. NEXANS: WINDLINK® FOR WIND TURBINES WORLDWIDE
- WINDLINK® high-performance cables
- Solutions and services beyond manufacturing
III. APPENDIX: Some recent Nexans success stories, innovations and references