Safe and secure power solutions to meet your high standards and reduce the cost-of-ownership of your network
Whether you need to transmit power overhead, underwater or underground Nexans has a solution to cater for your needs. Our experts on all continents are here to assist, not only by proposing the properly engineered products but also supplying the most advanced solutions and services taking into consideration all your requirements.
Furthermore to reduce your Total Cost of Ownership, we adopt a complete systems approach from early design to after life dismantling. Our range of services includes basic solutions to full turnkey projects on an EPC basis, as well as after installation follow-up. These can include:
- Preliminary studies and network simulation
- Design engineering, qualifications
- Manufacturing, transportation and logistics
- Complete civil works
- Installation, testing and commissioning
- Uprating or upgrading of your network
- Advice, fault finding, preventive or curative maintenance, monitoring techniques
- Removal of old installations and recycling
With manufacturing capacity and experts located in all regions of the globe, we are able to deliver to the highest voltage & power ratings.
We are leading the way with historical milestones and pushing continuously the limits of technology in underground solutions, a few examples below:
- Delivery & commissioning of the first 132kV high voltage oil filled cables in the 1920’s
- Fully qualified 420kV XLPE system dating back to the 1980’s
- Supply of the longest 245kV AC circuit in the world
- Design, supply & installation in a highly congested city of the highest voltage & power rating using superconductivity technology
- Longest 500kV circuit in a tunnel
- First 420kV AC land interconnector between 2 countries
- Proven reliability of our accessories
- Most compact design of high rating EHV underground cables
- Completely dry accessories up to 550kV
- Innovative installation techniques
Above all, Nexans is committed to quality standards, health and safety, and a better protection of the environment through life-cycle management and environment-friendly products.
All of our HV cables are custom-designed for specific customer projects. Recent developments include: Halogen-Free Fire-Retardant cables, aluminum screens, conductors with insulated wires, “dry” accessories, extruded HVDC cables, and superconductors, safe outdoor oil-filled terminations.