The main purpose of Spacer Cables is minimizing and even eliminating power shortages due to eventual contact or falling tree branches over the distribution lines.
Spacer Cables are constituted by XLPE covered Aluminium cables in distribution primary circuit and Multiplex Aluminium Cables (insulated) in secondary circuit.
This type of line is technically and economically feasible for dense tree sites, narrow streets and lines with two or more circuits per structure.
Besides these recommendations, Spacer Cables are an alternative for insulated lines that have high deployment and maintenance costs; it contributes significantly with environment preservation and increases power system reliability reducing DEC and FEC ratios dramatically (duration and frequency of accidental shortages, respectively).
- Dense tree sites
- Extensions with high failure rates
- Narrow streets
- Lines with two or more circuits per structure
- Private condos
- Alternative to insulated lines (high handling costs)
- Reliability, Quality and Safety
- Better customer relationship
- Operational cost reduction:
- 15 times lower failure rate
- Tree pruning minimization
- Higher revenues
- Pleasant look